Whatcha gonna do about back to school weeknight dinners? I’ve got one for ya. Throw this together the morning of, or night before, and marinate in the fridge. When you get home, there’s nothin’ to it.
- If the chicken is packaged in an air chilled container or a poultry bag, leave the chicken breasts in there and add the rest of the ingredients to it, then mix, and marinate in the bag/container.
- To quickly juice the lime, cut in half, and stick a fork in one of the halves with one hand and turn and squeeze the lime with the other hand.
- Store-bought fajita or taco seasoning packet
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas with Ranchero Sauce
September 10, 2020
: 7 min
: 20 min
: 27 min
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2-3 bell peppers (julienne)
- 1 onion (julienne)
- 1 lime
- 1 package of fajita or taco seasoning
- ranch dressing
- avocado (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- Step 1 Add the onions and peppers, juice of one lime and the contents of the seasoning packet to the chicken and let marinate in the fridge for at least one hour. You can do this step the night before or morning of, or skip the marinating and go right to step two if you don’t have time.
- Step 2 Cut the chicken into strips using kitchen scissors. Spread the ingredients on a sheet pan in a thin single layer and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, mix salsa and ranch dressing together (1/2 and 1/2) and slice an avocado and some lettuce if you want the extra toppings. Warm your tortillas and bring the sheet pan to the table. Enjoy!