Okay, you might be thinking it’s just a bunch of veggies, and it kind of is. But how about taking all those summer farm stand or garden picks and roast them at 400° on a sheet pan in olive oil, add some steamed corn, burrata cheese and fresh basil on top. Finish with a drizzle of honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar and red pepper flake vinaigrette.
It takes no longer than 30 minutes!
No hacks were used when making this dish because it’s just that simple. I brought it to our friends house as a pizza night appetizer just like this. Sheet pan and all.
This recipe is adapted from one of my all time favorites chefs, Melissa Clark at NY Times Cooking. You can find her grilled version of this with some extra ingredients there.
Try it, I dare ya.
4-ingredient Sweet & Spicy Vinaigrette
- ⅔ cup white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 shakes of red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
Roasted Vegetables and Burrata with Sweet & Spicy Vinaigrette
August 2, 2020
: 5 min
: 25 min
: 30 min
This recipe is so adaptable. Use whatever veggies you like the most or have on hand.
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, halved, seeds removed
- 2 zucchini or summer squash, sliced diagonally 1/2-inch thick
- 1 small eggplant, sliced diagonally 1/2-inch thick
- 3 ears yellow corn, halved, shucked and steamed
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 large tomatoes, halved
- Basil leaves
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pinches of red pepper flakes (plus more to taste)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the vegetables and cut according to instructions in the ingredient list. Assemble on a sheet pan in a thin layer with some over lapping. Mix and match them. Roast for 20 minutes on the top rack.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, steam the corn and prepare the vinaigrette. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes.
- Step 3 Broil the vegetables for 2-3 minutes then remove from the oven. Place the corn, burrata and basil on top of the veggies and then drizzle the sweet and spicy vinaigrette all over the entire sheet pan. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. Add an extra honey drizzle on top of the cheese if you’d like. Serve it up on a platter or bring the sheet pan to the table.