When I saw Tieghan over at Half-baked Harvest make this recipe, I knew it would be one my family would enjoy. Even my husband, who isn’t eating meat, enjoyed parts of this meal and supplemented with some vegan leftovers from the night before. The biggest win was that the kids, who initially turned their noses up at the sight of this new dish, loved it so much. Especially with a little extra honey for dipping. Note to self: they did not enjoy the taste of cooked peaches, so leave some peaches out of the pressure cooker for their plates next time.
This meal even inspired my four year old daughter, Maggie, to invent her own riff of this dish. She took a basil leaf and stuffed it with the rice, pesto and chicken. And it’s what she calls “basil leaf tacos”. My son followed suit, and they got such a kick out of eating the remainder of the meal in this way.
If you try this recipe, do yourself a favor by buying the the store-bought pesto. Consider splurging on a more pricey, high quality refrigerated brand. Because, since you only need half the container, you can get two meals out of it. You can also get two meals out of the burrata cheese because I only used 4 ounces in the 8 ounce container.
Here are some other things you can do with the leftover pesto this week:
If you save half of the burrata cheese, here’s an idea for the rest:
If using an Instant Pot to make this, it goes like this:
- pound the chicken to thin it out then coat in egg and flour
- heat the Instant Pot on saute mode and brown the butter in the pot
- sear chicken on both sides a few minutes on each side
- add white wine and olive oil and simmer until liquids are reduced
- turn off heat, and tuck the sliced peaches into the chicken, then broil for a couple minutes using the air fryer lid
- drizzle with honey and store-bought pesto, break some burrata over the top and set on the keep warm setting with pressure cooker lid
- garnish with basil when you are ready to eat
If using a skillet, go by Tieghan’s recipe here
Peach and Pesto Chicken with Burrata and Honey over Rice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 boneless chicken thighs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 peaches sliced
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 ounces of burrata cheese
- half a container of store-bought pesto (the refrigerated kind)
- 10 basil leaves
- rice cooked according to package
- Step 1 Boil the water for the rice and get all your ingredients ready. Plug in your Instant Pot and set to saute mode.
- Step 2 Pound the chicken with a mallet to thin it out a little bit. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, then coat in a scrambled egg and flour.
- Step 3 Check on the boiling water and complete the final steps of the rice according to package.
- Step 4 Heat butter in the pot and sear chicken until browned on both sides. Add 1/2 cup of wine and a generous drizzle of olive oil to the pot. Simmer until liquids are reduced. When the wine has been cooked down, turn off the heat. Add some sliced peaches to the top of the chicken and broil for 2-3 minutes using the air fryer lid.
- Step 5 Take off the lid and add a generous drizzle of honey and burrata cheese.
- Step 6 Set the pressure cooker on keep warm setting for as long as you’d like and cover with the original lid. Set your rice aside as well.
- Step 7 Now, dinner is ready when you and your people are! Go do what ya gotta do, and come back later. Enjoy!
California Brown Rice and cook it coconut rice style using this recipe:
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk any kind
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups long grain rice (rinsed well)
Then, cook according to package.