It’s not out of the box, but we used the box.
This One Pan Pancake is known as “The Whopper” in our house. If I could pick just one recipe to share with the world, it would be this one. Especially if you have little kids. Their eyes will bug out when they see this thing come out of the oven. Do you have an oven safe skillet and blender? Game. On. This is the plain and simple recipe, but you can always add blueberries, bananas or chocolate chips to this. We save the chocolate chips for special occasions, and if we have blueberries on hand, we like to toss a few into the mixture after it’s all blended together. As for bananas, cut them thin and on the bias to layer them on top. It’s the easiest, fluffiest and quickest massive pancake that can feed a whole family for breakfast, or dinner even! Who likes breakfast for dinner? We do!
What Happens if I Replace the Pancake Mix with Flour?
Your pancake will be flat. More like a thick cookie. But some like it better that way, especially when chocolate chips are involved.
What Can I Use in Place of Pancake Mix?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
The Whopping One Pan Pancake
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 c Pancake mix
- ⅔ c Milk
- 1 Banana
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Step 1 Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Step 2 Blend together eggs, pancake mix, banana, and milk.
- Step 3 Brown the butter in the pan on stove top.
- Step 4 Pour mixture into skillet and move to oven. Bake for 10 minutes. At 5 minutes, you may add fruit or chocolate chips (optional).
- Step 5 Bake for another 5 minutes until the top is slightly browned. Garnish with powdered sugar, fruit or sprinkles and serve with maple syrup.