Winner, winner, it’s a super quick chicken dinner. The secret ingredient is that sweet jar of orange marmalade that is no longer last pick on the jam shelf.
We love the sweet mixed with the heat of this dish. When it’s all said and done, only one pan and one mixing bowl dirtied, making this healthy weeknight dinner complete in 30 minutes from start to clean.
If your are not feeling carb-conscious tonight, serve it over our Coconut Orange Rice. Make two cups because that leftover rice can be something good later in the week like a Chickpea Bowl or a Falafel bowl for a change!
Orange Sriracha Chicken
- 6-8 Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1 Jar of orange marmalade
- 1 Cup Sriracha
- 2 Large red bell peppers (cut lengthwise)
- 1 Red onion
- 3 Summer squash
- Cilantro (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Step 2 Slice the onions and squash. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and take out the seeds, but leave the stems on.
- Step 3 Using a blender or vigorously whisk to combine the orange marmalade and sriracha together and pour into the largest mixing bowl you have.
- Step 4 Coat the chicken and veggies in the sauce, you can dump as much into the bowl as it can fit and then use a slotted spoon or tongs to get it out. It may take two batches to coat everything depending on the size of your bowl. Spread in a single layer on the sheet pan. Pour some of the extra sauce directly onto the chicken.
- Step 5 Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Then broil on high for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 6 Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice, quinoa, couscous, or a crusty bread which can be made ahead of time or while this bakes.
Are your people liking this new family style meal?
When this sheet pan hits your dinner table and everyone is digging in, snap a photo. We want to see it! Tag us @hardlyhomemade and #hardlyhomemade!