Looks homemade to me! Well it’s really not, but we can pretend! Stuffed peppers is a great one to cut corners on. Especially with this Soy Chorizo from Trader Joes which is already cooked and has the consistency of finely ground beef. I don’t come out of Trader Joe’s without it. It’s packed with flavor, a little spicy and is so versatile. From soups, to sauces, to burgers and these stuffed peppers! I’m telling you, it’s gold!
One time when checking out, the TJs cashier pulled the chorizo out of the basket and said, “It’s going to be a sad day for a lot of people if they get rid of this one.”
Ever since he said that, I always cook with it thinking it could be the last time.
Long live the Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo!
I hope you enjoy this yummy, hardly homemade recipe.
- Frozen Vegetable Quinoa (I love the 365 Brand. It’s always in my Amazon Prime Now shopping cart.)
- Soy Chorizo (Trader Joes)
- Taco Seasoning
- Frozen Fire Roasted Corn
Soy Chorizo and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Lot's of store-bought goods and some fresh peppers combine to make an extra healthy and easy dinner.
- 4 medium sized red, orange, green or yellow bell peppers or a combination
- 1 package of Trader Joe's soy chorizo
- 3/4 cup of canned tomato sauce or tomato soup
- 1 package of frozen quinoa with vegetables (365 brand at Whole Foods is great)
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Cilantro (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees and take out a dish or bowl that can fit all the peppers and go in the microwave.
- Step 2 Cut peppers lengthwise in half right through the stem and take out the seeds. Pile the pepper halves in the microwavable dish or bowl. Cook uncovered in microwave oven at high power 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your dish.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, cut one end of the chorizo casing and slide it out into a skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil and stir. Add taco seasoning, tomato soup or sauce, quinoa and corn. Stir it all together in the skillet to combine and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the frozen quinoa and vegetables are soft.
- Step 4 Transfer the peppers to a sheet pan. Stuff the peppers with the mixture and top with Mexican cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. When peppers are ready to eat and cheese is melted, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!