Like many families, the virus (I refuse to call it by name as it is not deserving of such respect) has hit our household. Being sick while being a mom is tough. As they say, no rest for the weary. It got us one by one every two days. Except for the baby, who is still healthy, at the moment. Here’s to hoping Mother Nature is playing a role in all this and keeping the youngest ones in the clear.
I don’t have much energy to cook, but I do have an appetite for healthy food. So goes this easy dinner. It came from our friend Steph. Her family tried it, we tried it, and we all love it. Thank you for sharing this, Steph.
It’s a keeper!
What makes this hardly homemade?
- Very little prep
- Less than 10 ingredients
- Serve with steam in a bag frozen rice
- One pan wonder
Sheet Pan Shrimp with Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 1 pound frozen peeled & deveined large shrimp (thawed)
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut into steaks)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh tender herbs (such as parsley or cilantro)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Crinkle your parchment paper up into a ball and then lay it out flat on your sheet pan, so it stays put.
- Step 2 Pat shrimp dry and toss in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, shallot, Italian Seasoning & 1/2 tsp salt + pepper and set aside.
- Step 3 Put broccoli florets & cauliflower steaks on prepared pan & toss with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt & pepper to taste. Spread veggies in an even layer. Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Step 4 Remove pan from oven and lay the shrimp evenly among the vegetables on the sheet pan. Return to oven and roast additional 8 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
- Step 5 When done, sprinkle with pine nuts, chopped fresh herbs and lemon juice. Serve with a side of steamed rice. Enjoy!
This is a copycat recipe of Gina Homolka’s in her cookbook, Skinny Taste: One & Done