My friend Bethany is a mom of three little ones three, working full time as school teacher and is always looking for a quick and healthy dinner to feed her family. This Honey Garlic Chicken has been on repeat in her house and many others for quite some time now. After making it for the first time tonight, I can see why.
It’s crispy but tender, sweet but tangy, and it was eaten by everyone at my table. My husband and I loved it, and our kids, who have been used to breaded chicken (my doing), even ate this. A new taste to get accustomed to, but with a little extra honey for dipping they bought into it.
And we all always love giving our rice an upgrade with this classic Coconut Rice.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1 spoonful of sugar
- a few punches of salt
Cook jasmine rice according to package in those ingredients.
Honey Garlic Chicken (pressure cooker)
You will need a pressure cooker for optimal results and fast cooking time.
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 c ketchup
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp or 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Chives (optional)
- Step 1 Set pressure cooker to saute mode and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper the chicken. When pot is ready, sear chicken for about 1 minute on each side. Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Step 2 Cover the chicken with the sauce. Turn the setting to pressure cook and set it for 20 minutes.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, make you rice. Serve over rice and garnish with chives. Easy and yummy!