When Mexican night takes a time out, and Crock Pot Korean Tacos are in!
- Defrosted frozen mangoes
- Store-bought picked red onions
- Squeeze bottles of garlic and ginger (already minced)
- Quick Sriracha Mayo Sauce (2 parts mayo to 1 part sriracha)
- You can quick shred slow cooked or boiled chicken with a hand mixer or kitchen stand mixer (give it a shot!)
- Crock Pot or Instant Pot
Korean Chicken and Pork Tacos
You can also substitute the chicken and pork with beef. Look out for the squeeze bottles of ginger and garlic (such a time saver!)
- 2 Chicken breasts (large)
- 1 Pork chop (bone in)
- 1/3 c of brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Frozen mango chunks (defrosted) or Mango chutney
- Pickled red onion or Diced red onion
- Sriracha + Mayo
- Step 1 Put all ingredients up to toppings into the crock pot. Set crock pot on low for 3-4 hours. If using more meat, it can take up to 6 hours on low.
- Step 2 When you can easily pull the chicken and pork apart, it is finished. Shred the meat and take out any bones (if using bone in).
- Step 3 If you have a gas stove, you can char your tortillas directly on your gas burners with low heat (keep an eye on them so they don’t catch on fire), or you can char them by broiling in the oven. If you don’t like crispy tortillas, then warm them to you liking in the microwave or on a skillet.
- Step 4 Mix 1 part of sriracha and 2 parts of mayo together for the sauce. Top with diced mangoes or mango chutney (a little sweeter), pickled red onion or diced red onions, sriracha mayo sauce and chives. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Damn Delicious and inspired by Kai Bar’s BBQ Korean Beef Tacos.