A large piece of salmon covered in pesto and lemon rests on a bed of sautéed spinach. It’s super simple. 10 minutes of prep, then pop it in the oven. Go enjoy your company and come back in about 25 minutes. This recipe serves 5.
And it goes something like this:
- Sauté the spinach in garlic and olive oil
- Rest the salmon on top of the spinach in a baking dish or sheet pan, coat the salmon in a jar of pesto, and top with sliced lemons
- Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Sharing is Caring
This recipe was shared by my dear friend Ali L’Heureux. She is a mom of 3 who can cut the grass, sell houses, design houses, cook, and do the renegade on TikTok. She loves to entertain and had us all laughing when she made this recipe for the Hardly Homemade community over on Instagram this week. (I saved it to my story highlights in case you missed it.) When I made this tonight, and doubled the recipe, we had enough to feed 6 adults and my two kids with some leftovers. Let me just say, dinner dreams really can come true. Cooking for a crowd just got easier. Thank you, Ali! I appreciate you, your support and your love for shortcuts in the kitchen.
- Have the fish butcher skin your salmon
- Store-bought pesto
- Bag of pre-washed baby spinach
Baked Salmon Pesto with Spinach
- 1.5 pounds of salmon (skinned)
- 1 jar of store-bought pesto
- 1 bag or box of prewashed baby spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 of a lemon (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Step 2 Make a bed of raw spinach in your baking dish, top with minced garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Then place the salmon on top of it. Spread a thin layer of pesto on the salmon using the whole jar. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the pesto.
- Step 3 Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how thick your salmon is. Plate and serve with a side of couscous.
Want to share a recipe with the Hardly Homemade community?
I’d be happy to have you present your #hardlyhomemade dish anytime! Message me on Instagram for details.